The natural environment of 'the region' is valued and supported by its immediate community and visitors for its accessibility, connectedness and aesthetic appeal.
- Restore, improve and maintain the network of Bush Parks with connectivity to urban communities.
- Support learning and engaging processes within our natural and social environment.
Realizing Our Vision
Parklands in working across the Public Lands along streams and within and beyond urban areas of Albury, Wodonga, Indigo, Corowa, Towong and Greater Hume Local Government Areas will realise its vision via:
- Our Approach. Facilitating, identifying and innovating means for optimizing the restoration, expansion of uses and connectivity of parks, trails and facilities. Sustaining these is through building a community of people dedicated to the parks.
- Our Resources. Our greatest resource is the people of the Region especially the caring and energetic volunteers. Paramount is fostering through educative means the link between our bush parks and their contribution towards improved physical and mental wellbeing of the Region’s people.
- Our Partnerships. Partnering with the three levels of government, businesses, organisations and community groups to deliver the best combination of financial and community outcomes within and between areas of Public Land.
Our Guiding Values
- Our People. We place to the forefront our communities: healthy, inclusive and connected.
- Our Parks. We seek to restore regional bush reserves within a network that provides complementary uses built on an ethos of naturalness.
- Our belief in Prosperity. We adopt a social enterprise model: sustainability through shared vision, resources and partnerships.
- Our Processes. We adopt processes that are professionally consistent; in ways that are innovative and express passion as we work with our people.