Our environment is valued and supported by community and visitors for its accessibility, connectedness, biodiversity and natural values.
- Restore, improve and maintain our network of bush parks, connecting with urban and rural communities.
- Support community learning and engagement with local natural environments.
Realizing Our Vision
In working across the public lands, along streams and within and beyond urban areas of Albury, Wodonga, Indigo, Federation, Towong and Greater Hume Local Government Areas, Parklands realise our vision through:
- Our Approach. Facilitating, identifying and innovating means for optimizing the restoration, expansion of uses and connectivity of parks, trails and facilities. Sustaining these is through building a community of people dedicated to the bush parks.
- Our Resources. Our greatest resource is the people of the Region especially the caring and energetic volunteers. Paramount is the fostering through educative means the link between our bush parks and their contribution towards improved physical and mental health and wellbeing of the Region's people.
- Our Partnerships. Partnering with businesses, organisations, community groups and the three levels of government to deliver the best combination of financial and community outcomes within and between areas of Public Land.
Our Guiding Values
- Our People. We place to the forefront our communities: healthy, inclusive and connected.
- Our Parks. We seek to restore regional bush parks within a network that provides complementary uses built on an ethos of naturalness.
- Our belief in Prosperity. We adopt a social enterprise model; sustainability through shared vision, resources and partnerships.
- Our Processes. We adopt processes that are professionally consistent in ways that are innovative and express passion as we work with our people.