Leneva Enviro Hub Community working bee
July 18 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Parklands Rangers and Leneva residents to revamp the old Leneva School and Hall sites and bring this environmental hub back to life.
A series of working bees are enhancing this 10 hectare remnant Box Gum Grassy woodlands site and improve environmental education opportunities for local schools and community. All are welcome.
- When: On the third Tuesday morning of every month, 11am to midday, then stay for a sausage and a yarn with us.
- Where: Park on the Leneva Hall service track and meet outside the old school gates.
- What: Bush restoration and facilities improvements including planning and creating interactive visitor activities, removing woody weeds and other invasives such as Watsonia bulbs and Bridal creeper, cleaning up the site and removing old fences, monitoring of nest boxes, installing new fencing..
- What is provided: All tools, materials and personal protective equipment is provided as is Ranger induction and session leadership.
- What to bring: Participants must wear covered shoes (boots) and long pants at all sessions, preferably long sleeves as well, bring your own hat and water bottle and dress for the weather. Current Covid safety measures must also be followed.
Please book in for each session you intend to join (so we have enough sausages!). REGISTER HERE