Parklands Albury Wodonga is one of the largest non-government Committees of Management in Victoria, formally appointed to manage 2,300 hectares of Crown land. Departmental staff provide valuable technical support as well as project specific financial support through various Crown land programs.
Support from DELWP staff in Wodonga, Tallangatta and Corryong offices is diverse in nature. Some of the many examples include:
- Advice and project support for the protection of threatened species, particularly the Smooth Darling Pea (Swainsona galegifolia) and the Tuan (Phascogale tapoatafa), and the restoration of high conservation value lands in Wodonga.
- Donation of two used spray carts to Parklands Albury Wodonga and Tallangatta Rail Trail Advisory Group so that our Friends Groups have access to suitable equipment to efficiently manage Crown lands.
- Access to firewood plantations at Koetong State Forest to fell and mill timber for restoring timber trestle railway bridges on the High Country Rail Trail
- Planning of environmental burns and candling of Stringybark Trees through DELWP, Parks Victoria and / or the Country Fire Authority.
- Project specific grants for public safety and environmental restoration works.
- Technical advice and support in administering Crown licenses for events, grazing and other purposes.